Zawisza Czarny is a three-masted schooner with a total length of 42.7 m.
It was built in the Northern Shipyard in Gdańsk in 1952 as a fishing lugrotrawler under the name Cietrzew. On July 15, 1961, the unit, rebuilt into a sailing ship, entered service as a training ship of the Polish Scouting Association – the successor of the pre-war wooden Zawisza, which, due to the terrible technical condition in which it found itself after the occupation, in 1949 was placed at the bottom of the Puck Bay near Rzucewa. A wooden figurehead depicting the legendary knight from Garbów has been preserved from the old sailing ship. The sculpture is still located under the bowsprit of the second Scout schooner, which was rebuilt and extended once again in 1967.